SEP 16 would be the released date of the iOS 9, Apple also released iOS 9 GM to developers so that they can submit their iOS 9 compatible apps to the App store for approval.
Since it is the last version of the iOS 9, you can install it without a developer UDID registration or a public beta profile, if you are able to lay your hands on an appropriate iOS 9 IPSW file for your iOS device.
Before you install the iOS 9, here are some key point to take a note off :
1. Even though it is iOS 9 GM, the public release will be the same build number and the risks associated with installing the beta version are reduced. I say please proceed with caution.
2. Please avoid downloading the iOS 9 IPSW from untrusted sources. As the results might be similar as of a malware, which can interrupt with the working of your firmware. I recommend you to get the iOS 9 IPSW file from a trusted source such registered iOS developer.
3. Remember to take a backup of your device using iCloud or iTunes, so that you can restore your data if something goes wrong during the update process.
Let take you through a quick guide on
How to install iOS 9 on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices:
If you are able to get the iOS 9 IPSW file, please follow the simple steps listed below to upgrade iOS 9 on your device.
1. Double click the ZIP file to extract the iOS 9 IPSW file.
2. Open iTunes
3. Connect your iPhone, iPad and iPad touch to your mac or windows PC and launch iTunes
4. In iTunes, select your iOS device from the top left corner and navigate to SUMMARY tab.
5. Now select the IPSW extract from the extracted folder and install by clicking the OPEN button
6. iTunes may prompt you that it will update your device with the latest iOS 9. Click ok to continue.
7. You will be getting a slide upgrade on your screen after it reboots, swipe the slider to proceed
8. Your device will reboot again, and you will be greeted with a Hello on your welcome screen
9. Swipe on the slider “slide to setup” and tap on continue and follow the on onscreen instructions to setup your device.
And that’s it you can enjoy the iOS 9 GM on your device.
Please note, as the iOS 9 GM is releasing with the same build number (13A340) you need not do anything else on your device to make it work
Hope you enjoy your upgrade, please come back and let us know how it is working…